how do i register our company for online vat and paye returns?
For one to file returns online you must register the PIN online first by using the following procedure
- Log onto www.kra.go.ke/portal, open tax payer registration link and on the right hand side under Online Services, click on Taxpayer Registration.
- Select get password existing taxpayer
- Input your company PIN and check resident box
- Input your company registration certificate number and date and validate. if you get it right
- Fill in all mandatory fields with asterix (*) then confirm correctness and submit.
- KRA will respond through your e-mail address providing you with a PIN number, Password and Security Stamp.
- Go to Taxpayer Registration fill in the PIN, password and security stamp then login.
- Change your password (please remember this for security reasons) to a password of your own choice (six characters with 2 numbers) as instructed.
You can file your return directly online by ;Log in with your password, select RETURN, then fill-in return, select VAT TAX/INCOME TAX PAYEE WITHHOLDING then select the period of the return, vat3 RETURN will be displayed on the screen, complete the return and submitAlternatively and the most recommended way is to complete the return offline using Tax Payer Software(TSW) downloadable free of charge from the portal (www.kra.go.ke/portal), after completing the return log in the system using your password, select RETURN, then upload return, browse and attach the zipped file and submit. For a payment return use sub menu RETURN, ENTERNAL SERVICES then Generate ESLIP. The ESLIP should be taken to the bank for the payment of the taxTake note that you can create as many taxpayers as you can in the TSW and also you can create as many returns as possible for the taxpayers created in the TSW.Once you have created the returns you can only file(upload) one at a timeFor many purchases use EXPORT TO CSV (comma separated value) icon displayed on the right column and work out the VAT3A (Input tax schedule) on the spreadsheet. The other way is to work out the VAT3A in an excel sheet and copy and paste on the CSV file. If you have an accounting software, configure it to produce a report in the form of a VAT3A and then copy and paste it to the CSV. After completing the CSV save the fileThe next stage is to use IMPORT FROM CSV icon displayed in the right column. You will be directed to open the CSV file and attach. Save and Save for submission. You can then file the zipped file using the process described above.
You can still use the same method for VAT 3B and VAT 32Take note that there we have free KRA online training sessions every Tuesday and Thursdays starting from 9am to 1pm at Times Tower 5th floor and also at our KRA stations countrywide on days specified by the respective stations. You can also get in touch with us on +254204999999,+25420341070,+254202815066,+254202250993, +254202815059 or +254202816195 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit your nearest KRA office whichever is convenient to you for further assistance
6660/2%Last update: 2011-01-13 11:38
You cannot comment on this entry