| Public Service Vehicle Licences for Drivers and Conductors|| || |
What you need to know
Following are the requirements for obtaining a PSV Licence:
- The applicant must be 24 years and over.
- A driver authorised to drive Class E vehicles, should apply for Class J Matatu endorsment, and a driver authorised to drive Class B, C and E vehicles should apply for Class A endorsment. Class J is for all PSV vehicles not exceeding a seating capacity of 24 persons, and Class A is for any PSV vehicle.
- The applicant must have driven for over four years prior to his applying for a PSV endorsement.
- A duly filled and signed Form XVI . The Form is to be forwarded to the Traffic Police Department for certification. A fee of Kenya Shillings 50 is charged by the Police department, and the receipt should be surrendered to the Road Transport Department.
- A certificate of Good Conduct obtained from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
- Copy of applicants National Identity Card.
- Driving Licence of the applicant.
The application forms are to be lodged at the Road Transport Department offices at Times Tower, Nairobi. The applicant is required to pay a prescribed fee of Kenya Shillings 625/=
- The applicant must be over 18 years of age
- A certificate of Good Conduct from the CID
- Copy of the applicants National Identity Card
- Duly filled and signed application form XVII. The police must endorse the form. Also required is the official receipt of Kenya shillings 50 from the police.
The applicant is required to lodge the application at the road transport offices at Times Tower, Nairobi and pay the prescribed fee of Kenya Shillings 625/=
KRA would like to remind all PSV Drivers and conductors that is an offence under the Traffic Act to drive or act as a conductor without a PSV licence.