APPLICATION FOR CYBER CAFÉ ACCREDITATION BY KENYA REVENUE AUTHORITY
PART I – This part should be duly filled by the owner or operator of the cyber café after careful consideration of the minimum requirements for accreditation.
PART II – The owner or operator of the cyber café must review the minimum requirements listed in detail below.
PART I: PARTICULARS OF APPLICANT
PART II: MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCREDITATION
- General Location Requirements:
- The café should have a working area of adequate proportions.
- The café should be easily accessible to the public.
- The café and its services should be clearly advertised to the public.
- The café maintains a friendly atmosphere and pleasant service environment.
- The café attendants should be approachable and readily available to provide assistance.
- The café attendants must display basic knowledge and skills in IT and computing with related experience.
- The café attendants must demonstrate that they are conversant with online registration and filing processes.
- The café attendants must demonstrate knowledge of the main KRA communication channels used in the provision of online services.
- The café attendants should demonstrate that they conduct the above processes with utmost integrity and discretion.
- Minimum of 5 x Client PCs (any brand).
- 1 x PC used as Server to control Client PCs (optional).
- 1 x 24-port Switch/Hub to provide networked Internet access (optional).
- 1 x Modem with built-in Router (most convenient and efficient option – any brand).
- 1 x Colour or Black & White Printer (optional).
- 1 x Flatbed Scanner (optional).
- Client PCs Specifications
- Minimum Pentium 4 Processor (duo core or core 2 duo).
- Minimum 20 GB Hard Disk Drive.
- 128MB RAM Memory.
- CRT or Flat Screen Monitor (any 15", 17" or 21" brand).
- Motherboard (any brand).
- Keyboard (any brand).
- Mouse (any scroll or infra-red brand).
- 100 Mbps Network Card (any brand compatible with the choice of Client PC).
- CD-RW Drive (optional – any brand compatible with the choice of Client PC).
- Operating System – Win 2000, Win XP or Win 7.
- MS Office Suite or OpenOffice.org
- Internet Browser – IE 5 or above or Mozilla FireFox.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- File Compressor – WinZip or WinRar.
- Antivirus – any reliable or efficient brand.
- Reboot/Restoration Utility – any reliable or efficient brand (optional but recommended).